Thursday, April 5, 2007















OK, so while I was in Peru I learned that I would be really scared to drive there. There are at least a few traffic rules. One seems to be--he who has the loudest horn and the most nerve has the right of way! Our bus driver was a pro, though. See (above) how close we were to hitting the wall at the first Children's home we visited? AHHHHHH! I was thinking about how I didn't have a will but that I was ready to meet my Lord if we were to die due to crashing into the brick wall. But, we made it through! Praise God!












Here we see Luis and Merryan P. heading into the home for girls rescued from sexual exploitation. Luis is carrying a huge bag of new shoes for the girls. :)



The girls and their children were happy to see us; they welcomed us with a song in Spanish. Why did I take French in middle school, high school and college?







Here I am helping my new friend try on some new shoes! She was happy to have them and they fit great!





We also brought soccer balls to the homes. These two little ones were glad to have them!
I was also able to give the little boy's mom some clothes for him. I had brought some that Josh couldn't use--and they ended up in the bag packed for this particular home! God is good, isn't He?!


No comments: